- Warehouse Manager- Pharmaceutical
- 3 years experience within a Pharmaceutical Warehouse Management position
- Must have experience within a GDP/ GMP environment
- Expanding Specials company
- Location: North Surrey
- Salary up to £65,000
Alex Dobson is recruiting for an exciting opportunity that is ideal for someone who has 3 or more years experience within the Pharmaceutical Warehouse Management sector. This is a hands on role whereby you will be responsible for managing the Warehouse Packers, processes and systems. This will enable the effective receipt, storage and dispatch of a wide range of goods to ensure productivity targets are met.
The company is a manufacturer on unlicensed products for the Pharmaceutical industry supplying hospitals and pharmacies in the UK. Founded in 2001 they are currently undergoing a sustained period expansion, doubling in size over the last few years, following success in particular after entering into new partnerships to supply a major high street chain. Over the last few months they have built brand new laboratories increasing their production capability by five times to meet increased demand. The company aims to be “best in class” across all aspects of their service and the range of unlicensed products they offer. They are able to provide medicines to meet a variety of reasons including formulation and / or presentation, for example taste, allergies or fear of needles. Due to the continued expansion they need to continue the development of their quality systems to meet their changing business needs.
This is an influential role where you will play a key part in the companies Supply Chain. You will be reporting to the Operations Manager and be responsible for a team of packers. IT is essential that you have experience in working within a GDP/ GMP environment An overview of the responsibilities are:
- Managing all logistical aspects of the warehouse including carrying out regular audits
- Overseeing stock control and keeping stock control system up to date:
- Maintaining physical inventory of stock – making sure stock is in a ready to sell state.
- Organizing stock on a first in, first out basis and for ease of access including expiry dates and taking appropriate action
- Organising regular stock takes with the Finance Department
- Setting up systems to establish usage levels and demand levels for products and flagging this information up to relevant departmental managers
- Setting up and planning allocation of space
- Planning future capacity requirements
- Involvement in longer term planning for the business alongside the management team
- Fulfilling objectives and directions from the operations department e.g. setting up responsive systems and processes that can cope with a variance in demand
- Responding to and dealing with supplier communication
- Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Briefing team leaders on a daily basis
- Managing performance of team:
- Developing individuals within it including appraisals etc.
- Motivating, organising, and encouraging performance within team to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Document recording and data entry into system
For this role you should have extensive experience within a Pharmaceutical warehouse or distribution centre. This includes working within a strong HSSE compliant environment. You will need to have expertise in working within an MHRA regulated environment and have experience in dealing with audits both internally and externally. Dealing with stakeholders and people management are a must.
This is a permanent position.