- Warehouse Supervisor.
- Location: North Surrey.
- Perfect for someone looking to step into a Supervisor role or a current Supervisor looking to forward there career with an ambitious pharmaceutical company.
Alex Dobson is recruiting for an exciting opportunity that is ideal for a Warehouse Operative looking to step up into a senior role or a Warehouse Supervisor to join an expanding unlicensed medicines manufacturer based in Surrey (within the M25). This role will encompass supervising a team of warehouse personnel to ensure the delivery of a professional incoming goods, storage and dispatch service to customers.
The company is a manufacturer on unlicensed products for the Pharmaceutical industry supplying hospitals and pharmacies in the UK. Founded in 2001 they are currently undergoing a sustained period expansion, doubling in size over the last few years, following success in particular after entering into new partnerships to supply a major high street chain. Over the last few months they have built brand new laboratories increasing their production capability by five times to meet increased demand. Going forward they are planning to open a new Aseptic facility to increase the services they offer beginning later this year. The company aims to be “best in class” across all aspects of their service and the range of unlicensed products they offer. They are able to provide medicines to meet a variety of reasons including formulation and / or presentation, for example taste, allergies or fear of needles. The company are committed to their employees career’s helping you gain experience and qualifications in other areas of the business to help continue your career.
- Plan and co-ordinate the incoming goods, storage and dispatch of items in a timely and effective manner to achieve your team objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as determined by the Warehouse Manager
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the effective supervision, training and development- as well as health, safety & welfare of your team.
- To ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management to include space allocation, stock transfer and dealing with non-confirming product.
- Planning future capacity requirements
- Working closely with the Purchasing department to ensure adequate stock levels.
- Organising and ensuring accurate and periodic cycle counts and stock takes.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within the Warehouse is maintained at the highest possible standards for the customer.
- Ensure quality procedures and team quality targets are strictly adhered to.
- Implement the company’s Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices within the Warehouse.
- Represent the department on the Health & Safety Committee as required.
- Responding to dealing with supplier communication
- Briefing team members on a daily basis and motivating, organising, and encouraging performance within the team to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Ensuring all incoming paper works is organised and passed on to the finance office on a daily basis.
Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- A minimum of 3 years’ recent, relevant supervisory experience. Experience of managing teams within tight quality and efficiency parameters within a GMP environment
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with a C grade pass in Maths and English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office packages. Knowledge about SAP business modules is an added advantage
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills. Ability to implement, and ensure compliance with, company policies and procedures
- Strong people management skills and interpersonal skills
Warehouse, Supervisor, Pharmaceutical, Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing, Goods, specials, compound, compounding, manufacture, produce, production, GMP, dosage form, powders, solid, liquid, solutions, cream, semi-solid, ointments, Specials.
This is a permanent position.