On offer for the Analytical Research Scientist – Chemistry is a competitive hourly rate up to £18.64/hour. This is approximately the equivalent of a £28,000 salary. The role is available as a 12-month contract with possible extension. The Analytical Research Scientist – Chemistry will be part of the research team and will be based on site 5 days a week.
The opportunity for the Analytical Research Scientist – Chemistry will include the following responsibilities:
- Perform routine and non-routine analysis using traditional and modern analytical techniques, as required by the Lead Scientist.
- Generate accurate and precise analytical chemistry data using laboratory techniques such as liquid chromatography (HPLC,UPLC), USP / EP dissolution testing, gas chromatography (GC), mass spec and Karl Fisher titration.
- To develop assay / purity methods and perform validation.
- To generate data in support of stability studies.
- Identify issues with data and troubleshoot the cause of the issues.
- Transfer analytical methods to other laboratories and remote sites.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Research & Development analytical laboratory setting.
- Good foundation and experience with analytical techniques such as HPLC, UPLC, dissolution, Karl Fischer, and UV spectroscopy.
- Good understanding of chromatography principles, set up of instrumentation and knowledge to adapt methods to overcome issues.
- Must possess basic knowledge of analysis methods and tools.
- Method development and validation experience is highly desired.
- Experience of pharmaceutical analysis is highly desired.