The Associate Director of Medicinal Chemistry will play a key role in providing senior oversight to their multi-disciplinary drug discovery project teams. Through their many years of experience, they will provide project direction and guidance as part of the department’s leadership team. The typical size of the team this individual will be managing for a project is 8-10.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and benefits package which includes a bonus and a potential shares scheme. They can also offer relocation and sponsorship packages if required.
The required experience to be the successful candidate includes:
- You will have a PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry and will be able to provide senior input into both areas of expertise.
- You will have a broad background of leading drug discovery projects gained within a pharmaceutical company or a CRO, with significant industry drug discovery experience.
- You will have extensive interdisciplinary knowledge of drug discovery.
- You will be able to successfully collaborate with cross-functional partners (Bioscience, DMPK, Computational Chemistry, in vivo) to define strategies for drug discovery programmes from HTS lead generation to hit-to-lead and/or lead optimization phases.
- You will be able to provide mentorship and proactively support the professional development of line reports and colleagues.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- You will be highly motivated and flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.