On offer is a competitive salary up to £38,000 + benefits. The role is based in central London and offers the chance to work in a modern laboratory with fantastic views over London.
Responsibilities of the Bioprocess Scientist will include:
- Drive laboratory-based development activities across a range of projects.
- Progression of research based manufacturing processes to scalable clinical manufacturing protocols that become suitable for commercial use
- Collaboration with process and analytical development scientists within academic and industrial settings.
- PhD in an area relevant to cell or gene therapies or MSc/BSc with 3+ years industrial experience within an appropriate Life Science environment (either with biologics or cell therapies).
- Excellent working knowledge either in biologics or cell biology is essential.
- Experienced in novel cell and gene therapy processing technologies, particularly within upstream cell bioprocessing is essential.
- Working knowledge of GMP is required.
- Cell culture experience with either Immune cells (Lymphocytes, PBMC, Dendritic cells) HSC CD34+ cells, hESC, hiPS, MSC, HEK293 or other clinically relevant cell types is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in relevant analytical techniques (Cell counts, Flow Cytometry, metabolite analysis, PCR) is required.