An opportunity has become available to recruit a Business Development Manager, whose role will be to help continue to accelerate the development of a fast growing, sustainable business across their Medical market sector. The Business Development Manager’s role will focus on creating, developing and winning business opportunities aligned with the Medical sector strategy.
Sitting within the Business Development team, this candidate will take a consultative selling approach to working with both existing and new clients. Helping them to understand the full range of innovative product design services that the company can offer, building strong relationships that clients will turn to time and time again as they develop their product strategies.
On offer for the Business Development Manager:
On offer is a competitive salary which can be disclosed upon application. This comes with a company wide bonus and a commission structure which has potential for a successful candidate to double their salary. This opportunity can also be fliexble over the candidate's location. They will allow promote working as long as the candidate can go to the office Bristol as and when required for meetings.
Overview of the Business Development Manager’s responsibilities
Business Development (75%)
- Work with the Head of Medical to maintain an effective sales strategy for the Medical sector.
- Achieve the sales needed to meet, or exceed, the revenue targets for the Medical sector.
- Work with the allocated clients to understand their business needs, future programmes and where KD can support and add value to their organisation.
- Aim to aggressively grow all allocated accounts.
- Follow up all incoming leads that are consistent with the agreed Medical Sector Strategy
- Identify new leads for work which support the agreed Medical Sector Strategy
- Share opportunities for cross-sector work with the appropriate Sector Heads and business developers
- Identify events relevant to the Medical sector and work with the Head of Medical and the Head of Marketing to prioritise. Attend agreed events and share visit reports with appropriate Sector and Expertise Heads
- Qualify leads in line with the QMS.
- Develop opportunities, working closely with Expertise Heads and others, to develop winning offers and proposals.
- Comply with the QMS, maintaining required records, at all times.
- Provide input to proposals on win themes, value to client and available budget.
- Act as Bid Manager, unless delegated.
Client Relationship Management (20%)
- Prioritise strong, supportive, positive and enduring relationships with all allocated clients, seeking, and acting upon, client feedback.
- Develop, maintain and document knowledge of key contacts for all Sector clients. For significant clients, this should include a full organogram and verified contact details for all key contacts. Key decision makers should be clearly identified.
- Maintain regular client contact and make appropriate records of this.
- Maintain individual client development plans.
- Working with the Line Manager and HR, create and maintain your own personal/career development plan.
- With the Line Manager and HR, identify areas where you would benefit from training/ mentoring.
- Maintain an awareness of changes and trends in your Sector.
Business Development Manager background:
The ideal candidate is likely to already have considerable experience of building business in product design services and will definitely have been working in the Medical sector. They will have experience of business development in a consultative environment, with both products and design services. For the right candidate this permanent role is an influential one, with the opportunity to work closely with their board level Business Director and genuine prospects of making a real difference.
- Consultative business development experience of technology-based product design services in the Medical market.
- Strong understanding of innovation and technology in product design and an ability to communicate this knowledgeably to clients.
- Successful experience of developing business with Medical clients.
- Experience of successfully working as part of a team and openly exchanging information and supporting colleagues.
- Evidence of a collaborative style and approach.
- Evidence of strong client relationships.
- Evidence of a results-based ethos.
- Experience of translating strategic priorities into appropriate action.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.