A DMPK Principal Scientist is required for a globally established (CRO) Clinical Research Organisation in the area of Hertfordshire. They provide a diverse range of drug R&D service capabilities, ranging from synthetic, medicinal, and analytical chemistry, biology, DMPK, pharmacology, drug safety assessment, radiochemistry and isotopically labelled metabolism, chemical & pharmaceutical development to clinical development. They possess sites globally and are continuously growing.
The DMPK Principal Scientist will have a passion for the application of DMPK science to discovery projects to strengthen the capabilities of our research teams. As a DMPK Principal Scientist, there will be direct input to drug discovery across multiple integrated small molecule projects. The successful candidate will have opportunity to provide input to integrated project teams and work closely with the global based PK and ADME departments to drive project progression. In addition, the successful candidate has opportunity with their own expertise and innovation to enhance overall DMPK capability.
On offer for the candidate is a highly competitive salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus and progression plans. The company has a high focus on employee development and will provide future individual growth plans. There is also a possibility for a relocation package if the candidate requires relocating.
- Work collaboratively with Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology colleagues in the identification of candidate molecules and execution of efficient design and screening cycles
- Leading the smooth operation of DMPK/ADME screening strategies for projects from hit-finding through to candidate selection through coordination with established platforms and partner organisations.
- Apply a broad understanding of DMPK science to design an array of ADME, PK and PKPD studies in support of project aims
- Collate, analyse and interpret PK and ADME experimental data and provide recommendations in the context of the project aims.
- Conduct human PK and dose prediction using routine approaches
- Provide quality data, written reports and presentations to ensure regular progress updates and client satisfaction.
- Provide technical direction and champion innovation to problem solving in projects and further capability development
Qualifications, knowledge & skills
- A degree in relevant scientific discipline, pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences
- Experience of applying DMPK science to small molecule drug discovery and/or development projects with appreciation of related disciplines
- Experience of multiple DMPK/ADME assays and bioanalytical techniques
- Technical knowledge related to molecule structure and properties on DMPK outcomes
- Ability to adapt working style to suit different cultures and partner expectations.
- Effective management of multiple work streams simultaneously to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in PK modelling using software packages eg. Phoenix, WinNonLin would be advantageous