Major travel business with very exciting plans for relaunch and growth, currently requires a commercially-minded and experienced E-Commerce Manager for a new position in Crawley.
The E-Commerce Manager will be responsible for the recruitment, development, motivation and day-to-day management of a new e-commerce team delivering merchandising and content updates for a host of luxury and specialist holiday websites; as well as contributing to the long-term planning and delivery of web enhancements and CMS replatforming.
The successful E-Commerce manager will lead on the liaison between the e-commerce team and business; content and merchandising; planning, management and delivery; as well as recruitment, staff development and motivation. Specifically, your tasks will include the following:
- Co-own the performance of the UK brands and the planning and delivery of activities designed to support and improve offline and online commercial performance
- Working closely with the Head of Ecommerce, coordinate the business liaison activities with the relevant business and marketing stakeholders
- Ensure that for each requirement, as far as possible there is a clear and measurable business objective to be achieved, including any “drop dead dates” where relevant
- Facilitate the prioritisation of requirements across the various brands and websites such that the biggest “bang for buck” is achieved in the shortest space of time, while not neglecting each brands online merchandising and marketing requirements.
- Maintain good relationships with all relevant business stakeholders to better understand the business drivers and rationale for proposed changes coming from the business and marketing teams.
- Closely coordinate sales driving activities with the Product team (product content), Inventory (pricing and availability) and with Brand Managers (tone of voice) to schedule and release quality commercialised content to the websites, in line with the business’s milestones
- Help define and manage the structure of our content in the relevant databases, advising the Destination and Content teams on the most efficient and effective ways of achieving the required results with our content.
- Coordinate and manage lead/sales generating content in line with business objectives.
- Manage the CRO programme with the relevant teams (web design, content) to drive positive change throughout the websites.
- Manage the content personalisation programme via the site CMS
- In conjunction with the Head of Ecommerce, plan the delivery of changes to each website, using the input of your own team plus any web design and Digital Marketing resource required
- Construct, maintain and clearly communicate the plan for delivery across all websites, managing expectations as required when things change
- Ensure the most efficient processes and tools are used to plan and manage the work across the team and wider business; encourage use of online tools as far as practicable
- Recruit, develop, manage, motivate and inspire a team of online professionals to deliver upon the above
With demonstrable experience working in a similar, commercially focused role, the successful E-Commerce Manager will have an excellent all-round knowledge of digital principles including content management and merchandising, conversion optimisation, web analytics, user experience and online marketing. Specifically, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of driving high quality web content
- Proven commercial experience of managing large B2C or B2B websites
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of CMS platforms (e.g. Drupal/Sitecore)
- Knowledge of A/B & MVT testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge and experience of working in both highly transactional as well as brochure style, content driven lead generation e-commerce environments would be highly advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience and ambitious E-Commerce Manager to join a leading travel business at a very exciting time of growth and renewal. Working in a well-established and very friendly department of other digital professionals, you will enjoy the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the success of a host of luxury holiday brands.
In reward for fulfilling this crucial role, you will receive a salary of up to £45,000 and benefits including 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance and private healthcare; as well as great prospects for further career development.
Keywords: E-Commerce Manager, B2B, B2C, Digital, Web Sales & Operations, Content & Merchandising, CRO, Conversion Optimisation, CMS, Drupal, Sitecore, User Experience, Web Analytics, Digital Marketing, E-Commerce Lead Generation
This is a permanent vacancy