One of the most advanced and forward thinking Biotech companies in the UK is currently hiring for an IT Manager to join their state of the art site in Stevenage. This permanent position is a fantastic opportunity to join the company during one of its most exciting periods of growth and expansion.
This role is an opportunity for a highly experienced and skilled IT Manager to work for one of the most progressive and developed companies in its field. You will be responsible for leading in all aspect of service delivery and with provide support to an expansive systems implementation, including both strategic work and hands on desktop and other support work for the internal teams.
With vast experience and a strong desire to take a leading role in the IT Team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing strategic IT direction for the company and operational support for the IT infrastructure, software and hardware.
- Managing the IT Security aspects for the company, including on websites hosted both internally and externally.
- A good understanding of GMP, GAMP 5 as well as other GxP principles.
- Solid experience of line management.
- Strong project management experience as well as senior stakeholder management.
- Securing the access and integrity of the data being made available to the company’s partners.
- Being proactive in the support of the systems implementation projects to ensure a smooth implementation and roll out.
- Resolving hardware issues both in person and remotely.
- Providing hardware support including on the following technologies: Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access), Windows 7, Internet Explorer, Laptops, Desktops, Networked copers, Printers and more.
- Investigating, diagnosing, resolving and recovering hardware and software issues and escalating them when necessary in accordance with the Help Desk processes.
- Having overall ownership of all user issues and service.
- Managing service requests including software installations, upgrades and new computer setups.
- Supporting the VoIP telephony as well as mobile devices (Android).
- Resolving TCP/IP networking issues as well as other general network problems.
- Assisting in the development of training and workshops for applications, desktop, etc.
You will also be highly skilled, experienced and knowledgeable in the following;
- Providing 1st through to 3rd line infrastructure support.
- Strong VoIP Telephony, mobile phone and network technology support experience.
- Proven experience in improving a company’s infrastructure.
With at least 8 years of experience working as an IT Manager and a service side background by preference, you will be working directly under the Head of IT, acting as his second in command, as part of a robust and dynamic IT Team. Prior experience within a pharmaceutical, healthcare or other R&D company is essential. You will have a great capacity to work with great autonomy in a role that encourages you to take greater responsibility and to have a real stake in the company.
With a highly competitive salary of up to £55,000, this company offers and excellent benefits package including a 5% bonus, 10% company contribution towards pension, PHI and many others. This company is at the forefront of its field and is a great opportunity for an IT Manager to be part of one of the most exciting biotech companies in the world.
Keywords: IT Manager, Operational Support, Project Management, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support, Infrastructure Support, VoIP Telephony Systems, Android Mobile Support, Networking, Service Level Agreements, R&D, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Access, Internet Explorer, Windows 7, Desktop, Laptop, Printer, Help desk, TCP/IP, Software / Hardware Installation, Pharmaceutical, Biotech, UK, South East, Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
This is a Permanent vacancy