This is a permanent, full-time position with starting salary around £19,000 + benefits (see below). The company environment is supportive and friendly, and hard work and commitment are appreciated, recognised and rewarded.
If you have had some experience from a manufacturing, logistics or other professional services environment, this will be a great opportunity to learn and grow a varied career in Procurement. We are looking for someone with excellent attention to detail, planning, time management and administration skills, to join a small team that interacts constantly with teams across the company, as well as building ongoing relationships with external suppliers.
You will join a small and busy Procurement department that supports all company activities, with close links to on-site manufacturing facilities, lab-based research & development, and various office-based functions. The company has around 300 people and makes a range of drug products, in a fast-paced environment. The Procurement function works closely with all departments and has to be supportive, pragmatic and agile for the good of business productivity and compliance.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Procure inventory in line with production requirements
- Work with vendor rating system and communicate results to suppliers
- Maintain good relationships with all suppliers
- Assist in cost reduction projects to reach departmental targets
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth flow of material
This is a broad, challenging role that requires good attention to detail, strong communication skills and the ability to multitask. Full details will be provided on application.
Benefits (on top of a £19,000 salary)
- 25 days' holiday
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Life insurance, long term disability and BUPA medical plan schemes
- Discretionary, non-contractual annual bonus
- Commutable by car with free parking, and within walking distance of train station / bus routes
- Child care voucher scheme
This will be an excellent opportunity for someone with a background in an administrative role within a Procurement / Purchasing function. You must have excellent Microsoft package knowledge (particularly Excel) and be confident in the use of an MRP / Inventory Management system. You will ideally have worked in a regulated manufacturing environment, but this is not essential. Above all else, you must be a bright, hard-working individual who enjoys being in a small team and contributes to a range of activities in a positive and supportive way.