If your ambition is to work in a laboratory that combines high-tech microscopy and Nobel Prize-winning genome editing tools, and you have extraordinary organization skills, this opportunity is the perfect match for you. In the role as Laboratory Manager, you will make a significant contribution to the company’s success, you will get the opportunity to actively shape their operational biology lab processes and be part of the company’s growth step towards laboratory automation. On offer is an exciting work environment in an ambitious and smart team where your ideas and participation will be welcomed, and you will be able to work autonomously and closely with their customers.
Also on offer is a competitive salary between 60,000 – 100,000 CHF depending on experience.
Responsibilities of the Laboratory Manager include:
- Planning, organizing, and ensuring smooth running of their daily operations at the biology lab.
- Hands-on lab work in close collaboration with their existing team of 4 cell biologists
- Securing compliance with lab industry standards.
- Responsible for applying safety regulations.
- Establishing new lab processes and procedures and making improvements to existing where necessary.
- Ensuring a well-equipped lab including purchasing of lab supplies and consumables.
- Maintenance, calibration and cleaning of lab equipment and instruments including troubleshooting of system errors.
- Participate in organizing lab extension.
- Involvement in testing and setting up automated lab work.
The required skillset to be the successful candidate:
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or similar.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Lab Manager in a medium or large sized laboratory.
- Biosafety Officer Education (BSL2).
- High proficiency and business acumen in both written and spoken English.
- Proficient knowledge of laboratory best practice procedures.
- Experience with cell culture methods (regular and primary cell lines).
- Very strong organizational skills and ability to oversee a very dynamic environment.
- Love working in a team.
- Technical affinity for system troubleshooting and experience in working with ERP’s and electronic lab journals is a plus.
- Independent and diligent work attitude.