Have you got experience in the application of statistics in the pharmaceutical, healthcare or life science sectors? Do you want to be at the forefront of statistical innovations, leading the way on clinical trial design and analysis? Are you looking for an opportunity that offers you a flexible work solution and one that will take your career to the next level of responsibility? Would you like to join a dynamic, growing firm where you can really make an impact, not just on the company but to accelerate drug development and ultimately benefit patients?
A Principal Statistician is required for a fast-growing enabling technology company who provide world-class analytics and specialised software products for clinical-stage life science organisations. Their experienced statisticians and programmers develop intellectual property and assets to support the design and analysis of clinical trials, precision medicine and real-world data analytics.
The Principal Statistician will join their Statistical Consulting team to deliver high quality, cutomer-focused, innovative, design and analytical services within a clinical and wider drug-development setting as their platform moves into the next phase.
On offer is a competitive salary up to £70,000 with extensive benefits including generous holiday entitlement (37 days), pension scheme and private health insurance. This role can be worked fully remotely with regular meetings over video.
Key responsibilities of the Principal Statistician:
- Assisting customers with their study design with a particular focus on simulation to ensure they are aligned with the study objectives
- Preparation of study protocols and development of Statistical Analysis Plans and Statistical Analysis Reports
- Summarise, analyse and visualise study data using a variety of statistical methods, ultimately delivering results to an agreed timeline with optimal quality
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant research techniques such as modelling, simulation and experimental design and participate in continuous professional development activity
- Support pre-sales discussions to understand and identify client needs, then contribute to technical solutions and resource/cost estimates
- Collaborate with the Product Development team defining key features and statistical aspects.
- Provide input and support to Marketing, including demonstrations to clients, white-papers, etc.
- Statistical leadership – whether for team members on projects, mentoring more junior statisticians, or functioning as an expert on statistical methods, processes, or clinical trial methodology
- Client engagement – build and maintain positive customer relationships with regards to statistical
Essential skillset of the Principal Statistician
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, pharmacology or with a strong statistical component
- Significant track record in the application of medical statistics (pharma, CRO, academic)
- Willingness to engage with clients to understand and research problems and provide creative, business-orientated solutions
- Experience in delivering customer projects to high quality standards
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and spoken English
- Experience in SAS and/or R statistical software packages
- Proven track record in influencing drug development through the application of statistical thinking (pharma, CRO, academic)
- Higher degree in statistics or similar scientific discipline
- Experience in study design and protocol and report-writing
- Experience of modelling and simulation techniques to explore complex study designs
- Experience of Bayesian approaches to design and analysis of clinical data
- Experience of early-phase drug development processes including innovative/adaptive study design