On offer for the Process Development Scientist is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Key responsibilities include:
- To engage and collaborate with teams across different sites and disciplines.
- The use of in-depth knowledge of USP bioprocessing, PAT and data analysis techniques to enable the delivery of USP process characterisation and biomarker discovery projects.
- Providing subject matter expertise in the planning and execution of laboratory work, the review of ATMP related products and processes, and the preparation of technical reports.
- Leadership/ownership of laboratory activities associated with assigned USP and Biomarker discovery projects, including stock control, experimental design/planning/reporting, compliance with onsite procedures.
- Support, engage and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to disseminate newly established innovative USP and PAT capabilities to the wider UK industry.
- Producing experimental plans, witnessing completed experiments in the ELN, ensuring raw data is processed according to data integrity guidelines and stored according to company policies, producing and reviewing study reports.
- Presenting data at conferences and meetings where appropriate.
- Planning and executing experiments to meet project deliverables.
- Working with technology providers and organisations to ensure that the company is a leader in its USP and PAT technology development capability.
The individual will need to have the following skillset:
- Working knowledge in bioprocessing including upstream processing using STR and other cell culture technologies is essential preferably DASbox, BioBLU, ambr250 or Univessel.
- Experience with AAV or iPSC culture processes is desirable.
- Experience in standard analytical assays such as flow cytometry, PCR, metabolite and cell counting is desirable.
- Experience of statistical tools such as method validation and/or Design of Experiments to drive efficient and robust experimental design is desirable.
- Experience of integrating PAT technologies into bioprocessing development workflows is desirable.
- Experience of data handling and formatting is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is essential.
- PhD or BSc with 3+ years industrial experience in the life sciences or bio-engineering field. Or equivalent experience/qualifications