This role of Project Manager will report directly to the senior Project Manager. The primary function is to co-ordinate a number of manufacturing projects within the company. The Project Manager will plan, manage and track projects and will be entrusted with ensuring that all projects are being carried out on time, on budget and to client satisfaction. The Project Manager will work closely with Manufacturing management and across all functional areas co-ordinating process technology transfers, process changes, campaign readiness and on time batch release. They will be a core member of the Project Management team and a key interface between the customer and Manufacturing operations ensuring effective communication within the company and with clients and other stakeholders.
On offer for the Project Manager is a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Develop and maintain master manufacturing project schedules for the manufacturing function, incorporating cross-department dependencies, such as quality control and supply chain.
- Liaise with the Commercial/Sales team to ensure projects are transferred smoothly to the Operation ensuring all aspects of project delivery have been considered and captured in the project plan.
- Establish project goals and deliverables in collaboration with the management team and clients/prospective clients.
- Track manufacturing batch record review and batch disposition processes, ensuring all cross-functional elements are progresses on schedule.
- Support the Head of Manufacturing Operations with process modelling and resource requirement and planning.
- Support with the preparation of project proposals and project funding applications.
- With the management team, identify resources needed (personnel, equipment, etc) and assign responsibilities.
- Establish project timelines, plans and lists of actions in line with contractual requirements.
- Track project actions and co-ordinate with relevant departments to ensure actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Tracks requests for project change, managing evaluation, potential impact, decision making and implementation of change.
- Support Management in keeping the Project teams motivated and informed about results, milestones, deliverables and possible project changes.
- Develop communication plans, implementing lean and effective processes.
- Write reports and prepare presentations, delivering these as required.
- Ensure all aspects of the project are followed and adapt plans with the management team when required.
- Review deliverables prepared by the team, as appropriate, before passing to clients.
- Ensure project documents are complete, up to date and stored appropriately.
- Minimise company exposure and risk on projects through communicating concerns to management.
- Improve project administration processes by identifying inefficiencies and recommending solutions.
- Manage regular client meetings and ensure timely and accurate communication utilising internal project team meetings and pre-meetings to gather and review information as appropriate.
- Continuously manage project and client expectations.
- Provide and ensure clients receive excellent customer service and proactive, clear and timely communication.
- Proactively, pre-empt client needs and feed this back to the management team.
- Coach and provide constructive feedback to personnel in respect of customer communications both written and verbal.
- Liaise with clients and organise regular project meetings (internal and with clients).
Qualifications and skillset required:
- A degree in a Life Science or equivalent qualification.
- A recognised Project Management Qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP or equivalent) would be desirable although not essential.
- Experience in Project Management ideally within a Pharmaceutical/GMP manufacturing environment.
- Excellent competence with Microsoft Project and the Microsoft-365 suite