Job DescriptionA Project Manager – (Cell and Gene Therapies) is required to join a fantastic Cell & Gene Therapy company based in central London. They work with partners in academia and industry to ensure these life-changing therapies can be developed for use in health services throughout the world. The Project Manager – (Cell and Gene Therapies) will be responsible for the management of projects within the company, engaging with a wide range of stakeholders across the organisation as well as external stakeholders. This role ensures assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to agreed quality parameters.
On offer for the Project Manager – (Cell and Gene Therapies) is a salary up to £50,000 + benefits (which includes a bonus, contributed pension, 28 days annual holiday and many more). This candidate will be working remotely initially with a view to returning to the office 2-3 days a week as a minimum once the lockdown eases.
Key Accountabilities of the Project Manager – (Cell and Gene Therapies)
- Deliver projects within the programme management portfolio, as required through detailed project planning, problem solving and collaborative coordinated teamwork to deliver on milestones to time, quality and budget.
- Support the appropriate Project Sponsor and Lead in the management of the assigned Projects including oversight and support for budgets, project planning, risk and issue management, communication of roles and responsibilities etc.
- Managing the relationships and working closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) and providing the necessary administrative support to projects.
- Responsible for the overall project plan and all relevant workstreams, including developing and agreeing it with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders, identifying and managing dependencies and risks and escalating to the Programme Manager or Sponsor/Lead as appropriate.
- Work with the Project Sponsor and/or Project Lead and other key stakeholders to establish key milestones and performance indicators against which progress can be measured and effectively communicated.
- Communicate project status, issues, risks and mitigation plans to all appropriate stakeholders on a regular and consistent basis.
Experience required to be the successful candidate:
- Demonstrable experience of successful project delivery in an advanced therapy/life science field
- Proven ability to consistently deliver projects to time, cost and quality standards.
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives.
- Experience of managing large scale projects.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills with a flexible approach to suit the needs of different audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of motivating & developing teams.
- A good team player with a hands-on approach
- Formal project management qualification (e.g., PRINCE 2 or PMP) – Desirable
Education / Qualifications
- Suitable degree or vocational qualifications