A brand-new permanent role has opened with a leading Pharmaceutical packaging organisation on the outskirts of Horsham, West Sussex. Your title will be Senior Project Manager and you will have a unique position based around commercial packaging operations for a key new client. We are looking for someone with excellent project leadership abilities and strong communication skills. This position has great scope for future development and you will have a significant role in an initiative that will impact on millions of people worldwide.
Your salary will be between £40k and £55k, plus bonus and benefits. The higher end of this salary band will be offered to someone with Pharmaceutical project management in GMP operations experience. Candidates will also be considered from Medical Device, Food, Diagnostics and other regulated production environments.
Acting as the client’s point of contact and project owner, this role covers the management of technical and service aspects of commercial packaging projects, technical transfers and new product launches. Your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the internal link within the company for commercial packaging projects.
- Creation and maintenance of detailed project plans incorporating all aspects related to the planning, definition and execution of commercial packaging product launches, including change control ownership.
- Effectively communicate status of projects for all stakeholders including project plans, risk analysis and mitigation, status updates, and post-project reports.
- Provide project team direction and vision including focus and prioritisation, motivating the team and recognising strengths to best utilise available resources.
- Analyze and manage cross-project dependencies to minimise impact.
- Lead and support the operational teams for execution of the commercial packaging schedule.
- Drive process efficiencies.
- Maintain compliance through training and competency programmes.
This is a fast-paced environment that requires excellent client-focused communication skills coupled with the ability to act on initiative and prioritise.
In addition to a competitive salary and 10% bonus, the benefits package includes a contributory pension scheme, annual bonus scheme, private health cover, life assurance, on-site secure parking and most importantly full training based on experience and needs.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong background in Production operations, ideally gained in Pharmaceutical GMP manufacturing or packaging. Candidates will also be considered from Medical Devices, Food, Cosmetics, FMCG, Diagnostics and other regulated environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong project management skills. Knowledge of continuous improvement tools (e.g. Lean six sigma, PPI) would be advantageous but isn’t essential
- Great organisation skills, backed with proficiency in the use of different software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and Powerpoint)
- You must have your own transport, due to the company’s rural location
Full details will be provided on application. This is a permanent role on the outskirts of Horsham, West Sussex.