- Level 1 Warehouse Operative & Warehouse Driver
- Location: Hayes
- Ideal for someone looking to continue working within the pharmaceutical logistics sector or someone looking to step into the pharmaceutical sector
Alex Dobson is recruiting for an exciting opportunity that is ideal for a Warehouse Operative looking to continue working within the pharmaceutical logistics sector or someone looking to step into this industry. This role involves receiving and checking deliveries, as well as packing goods for delivery.
The company are a dedicated medical supply company that source and distribute pharmaceutical, consumable supplies and medical equipment to healthcare professionals around the world. They have become leading players within this sector and are able to tender to each client’s supply needs whether that is a local project, right up to national scale tenders. The company’s main divisions incorporate International Sales, Clinical Trials Supplies, Unlicensed Medicines, Managed Access Programmes and the distribution of medical products. They are in the process of moving into a new warehouse space which is over 30,000 sq foot and situated very close to Heathrow Airport. This allows them to store goods in ‘Warm Rooms’, ‘Ambient Rooms’ and ‘Cold Chain Rooms’.
- To receive and check deliveries.
- Stock Control and Handling.
- To keep the premises clean and tidy.
- To packing goods for delivery.
- To make cartons, boxes and pallet boxes.
- To carry and load boxes into pallet boxes.
- To close, seal boxes and pallet boxes.
- To prepare consignments for delivery by courier or other freight agents.
- To load and unload vans, containers and Lorries.
- To moving goods, boxes and other materials manually and by pallet truck.
- Five year work history
- Good working knowledge of the company current SOP’s and any future SOP’s with regard to ‘Good
- Distribution Practice’ within 3 months of employment.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Good organisational skills.Ability to multi-task.Good PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel.Data entry skills.
- Fundamental understanding of COSHH.
- In good health and able to lift up to 25kg.Pro-active approach.
Competencies – to be trained and assessed within 6 months of job commencement.
Pharmaceutical knowledge.Experience of supervising staff.Experience of training staff.
- Driver Responsibilities (only applicable to designated drivers):-
- To maintain a clean driving license.
- To drive the company vehicles, between company locations as required
- To drive company vehicles hired by the company, for the purpose of delivering or collecting goods, documents, persons or other materials locally and over longer distances.
- To ensure that company vehicles are roadworthy and are cleaned and serviced regularly.
- To supervise or enable loading and unloading of vehicles, ensuring the appropriate paperwork is completed.
- To provide temperature reports to RP’s when necessary.
Warehouse, Operative, Driver, Pharmaceutical, Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing, Goods, manufacture, produce, production, GMP, GDP, SOP’s, COSHH.
This is a permanent position.