Working as the Team Leader of the Automotive Electrical Systems Installation team your key daily responsibilities will include:
- Support to the company’s proto-typing and batch production activities at various UK sites, customer or sub-contractor’s facilities.
- Hands on assembly of electrical looms including:
- Managing BoMs
- Controlling stocks of electrical consumables
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to include lean manufacturing principles.
- Assist the Production Manager on meeting performance based outputs (KPI’s).
- Assist in building a competent & motivated team to increase morale. As well as training other when and where required.
- Liaise with other departments to build communication and relationship between departments.
- Assist in the planning of new products / specials or modifications from R&D into production.
- 5 years’ low production manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Extensive system & integration knowledge of military specification radios and electrical sub-systems.
- Bespoke manufacture and modification of automotive vehicle systems.
- Thorough understanding of military specification cable construction and the impact of electromagnetic influence on electrical sub-systems and networks.
- Display and be able to apply to system design electrical theory and electronic principles.
- Proven history of leading a team.
- Computer literate.
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC (‘Secret’) level.
- Educated to Degree-level in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or HNC with recognised industry experience and training
About the company:
My client has been well established for over 60 years in the design and manufacturing industry. They specialise in the build and maintenance of automotive products and services. They are proud of their history, leading the industry with new skills and technologies. Due to the nature of my client’s work, you will need to be able to gain security clearance to perform this role.