Job DescriptionAre you experience in multiple analytical techniques to analyse cell therapies or biologics? If so, this is an excellent and influential opportunity to secure a position for a company that is the driving force behind the Cell & Gene Therapy Sector in the UK. The opportunity is to join as a Tech Transfer Specialist to focus on analytical techniques such as flow cytometry and ELISA for example. To take responsibility for the transfer of analytical processes, projects and knowledge into their world leading and new cutting-edge manufacturing site based in Braintree. The role would initially be based remotely although required to live commutable distance from Braintree and ultimately being based in Braintree.
The company founded in 2012 with the drive to grow and support the sector in the UK. Has now expanded to 3 sites, with this role being based at their new Braintree facility into which they are investing £55 million initially and will be followed by a further £110 million over the next five years. With the aim to address challenges faced in the sector but also make this a best-in-class facility – which it already is. Added to this is that this site will be manufacturing therapies at a commercial scale and a COVID vaccine as part of the Government’s response.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the role of Tech Transfer Specialist is to manage the transfer of analytical processes, project and knowledge into the site. Contributing to the transfer of processes both internal and / or external for outsourced Process Development of Manufacturing projects.
- Involvement in the end-to-end transfer of analytical processes e.g., ELISA, flow cytometry, PCR for both internal and external transfer
- Deliver these on time using your technical knowledge and input into projects
- Transfer of analytical methods into and out of the manufacturing centre
- Collaborative work with the Innovation Team, Analytical Sciences Group for the transfer and validation of methods into the QC Team
- Use of in-depth technical knowledge of analytical methods and applying this in all aspects of projects
- Maintain of the site wide QMS
- Input into the development of projects and the design & implementation of principals at the site.
For this opportunity you will need to have:
- GMP experience in the analytical testing of biologics, antibodies, proteins, ATMP’s, Cell and / or Gene Therapies
- Experience of one or more of the following techniques such as: HPLC, SDS Page, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, cell-based assays, and PCR.
- Experience of cell-based assays is preferable
- Experience of managing QMS and / or LIMS systems
- BSc or higher qualification in a relevant life science.
The company were established in 2012 with the purpose to make the UK the place to commercialise Cell & Gene Therapies working in collaboration with partner based in the UK, Europe, US and Asia for example. They offer cutting edge technology, services, and capabilities to take a therapy across the translational gap; into the clinic, through clinical trials to launch. Offering the capabilities to fully commercialise these life changing therapies. With the drive to continually evolve to meet the continuing needs of the sector and address the key challenges faced successfully.